Jump to Main Content
- Mantovani, Raphaela Araujo; Cavallieri, Ângelo Luiz Fazani; Cunha, Rosiane Lopes
- Journal of food engineering 2016 v.175 pp. 108-116
- acidification; droplets; electrostatic interactions; emulsifying properties; emulsions; gelation; gels; heat treatment; high pressure treatment; homogenization; ingredients; isoelectric point; pH; protein content; texturization; viscosity; whey protein
- ... The effects of heat treatment and high-pressure homogenization on whey protein (WP) emulsion properties were evaluated. Only emulsion containing non-heated WP was stable, presenting low viscosity, small droplets and higher adsorbed protein content by increasing homogenization pressure. In addition, the influence of high-pressure homogenization and pH on cold-set gel formation by acidification of e ...
- Wang, Yang; Liu, Wenjie; Chen, Xiao Dong; Selomulya, Cordelia
- Journal of food engineering 2016 v.175 pp. 74-84
- crosslinking; emulsifying properties; emulsions; fish oils; heat treatment; lipid content; microencapsulation; oil-water interface; oxidation; protein content; spray drying; whey protein isolate
- ... This paper reports for the first time a systematic study of encapsulation of DHA-containing fish oil (50% DHA). The oil contents of 33%–90% on dry basis were encapsulated by whey protein isolate (WPI), using a micro-fluidic jet spray dryer. Uniform particles were generated so the characteristic of the particles can be analyzed much more objectively. For high oil content formulas (83%–90% on dry ba ...