Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Jine; Zhong, Qixin
- Journal of food engineering 2016 v.175 pp. 104-107
- digestion; droplets; emulsions; encapsulation; food intake; foods; konjac mannan; mixing; pepsin; satiety; soybean oil; viscosity; whey protein isolate
- ... Konjac glucomannan (KGM) is a water-soluble polysaccharide with extraordinary ability to absorb water and increase viscosity and therefore a potential strategy to increase satiety and control food intake. However, it is difficult to incorporate KGM in aqueous foods without increasing viscosity significantly. In the present work, the objective was encapsulate KGM powder as the core of oil droplets ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Dan, Nily
- Journal of food engineering 2016 v.175 pp. 136-144
- active ingredients; beverages; bioavailability; emulsions; encapsulation; environmental degradation; functional foods; lipids; nanocarriers; nanoparticles; preservatives
- ... Encapsulation of active compounds such as nutraceuticals or preservatives increases their concentration, bioavailability and stability in food products. Nanoparticle carriers are an effective encapsulation method that provides protection from environmental degradation agents and control over the rate of compound release. This review focuses on the parameters affecting transport in a number of nano ...