Jump to Main Content
- Ros-Polski, Valquiria; Popović, Vladimir; Koutchma, Tatiana
- Journal of food engineering 2016 v.179 pp. 78-87
- high fructose corn syrup, etc ; absorbance; color; fructose; humans; hydroxymethylfurfural; industrial applications; odors; pH; total soluble solids; ultraviolet radiation; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Ultraviolet-C (UV–C) light technology has been proven efficient for reducing microbial counts in food. For industrial applications, processes have to be validated considering microbial and chemical safety. Hydroxymethylfurfural (5-HMF) can be formed in sugar-containing products and has been identified as possibly carcinogenic to humans. The effect of UV-C treatment at 254 nm on 5-HMF content in hi ...
- Li, Wen; Ling, Guo-Qing; Huang, Pin; Li, Kai; Lu, Hai-Qin; Hang, Fang-Xue; Zhang, Yu; Xie, Cai-Feng; Lu, Deng-Jun; Li, Hong; Liang, Xin-Quan; Xiang, Jun-Hua
- Journal of food engineering 2016 v.170 pp. 41-49
- syrups, etc ; ceramics; cleaning; equations; fouling; microfiltration; nitric acid; porosity; sodium hydroxide; sodium hypochlorite; sugars; temperature; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The performance of a ceramic microfiltration membrane with 0.5 μm pore size in clarifying carbonated remelt syrup that was filtered by plate-and-frame filter press was investigated under different operating conditions. In total reflux experiments, using 0.5 μm ceramic membranes for treating carbonated, filtered remelt syrup at 80 °C produced steady-state fluxes of 328.4 and 293.1 L/(m2 h) at a cro ...