Jump to Main Content
- Vernon-Carter, E.J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2014 v.131 pp. 110-115
- acidified milk; chemical composition; corn; fat replacers; milk fat; modified starch; reconstituted milk; storage time; tapioca; viscoelasticity; yogurt
- ... Three reduced-fat stirred yogurts were prepared from reconstituted milk (12.5gL−1 of milk-fat) added with native maize (YNMS), and chemically modified maize (YMS) or tapioca (YTS) starches (10gL−1). The chemical composition, syneresis, flow and viscoelastic properties of the reduced-fat yogurts were evaluated and compared with those of a full-fat control yogurt (YC; 25gL−1 of milk-fat) without sta ...
- Vernon-Carter, E.J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2014 v.125 pp. 112-118
- canola oil; crystals; glycerol; rheology; shear stress
- ... Glycerol monostearate (GMS) in canola oil dispersions (1.0%, 2.0%, and 3.0% w/w) were cooled down from 70 to 30°C at a rate of 10.0°C/min forming CD1.0, CD2.0, and CD3.0 crystal dispersions. Interfaces were prepared by pouring CDs over water, and were subjected to a constant shear stress. The creep compliance-time response of the interfaces depended on CD concentration, interfacial film aging time ...