Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Weibiao, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of food engineering 2012 v.109 no.3 pp. 399-405
- cohesion; dispersions; glass transition temperature; maltodextrins; particle size; particle size distribution; powders; salts; soy sauce; spray drying; storage conditions
- ... Soy sauce powders were made by spray drying liquid soy sauce using maltodextrin as the drying aid. Three types of maltodextrin, i.e. DE 5, DE 10 and DE 15, were studied and compared. Each type was incorporated into soy sauce with concentration levels of 20% and 40% (w/v), respectively, as a carrier. The spray-dried soy sauce powders were mixtures of amorphous substances and crystalline salts. Caki ...
- Zhou, Weibiao, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2016 v.175 pp. 117-126
- X-ray diffraction; crystallization; glass transition temperature; hygroscopicity; infant formulas; lactose; magnesium; particle size; powders; sorption; sorption isotherms; water content
- ... The moisture sorption isotherms of three different infant formulas (denoted as P1, P2 and P3) that contained almost the same amount, but different types, of protein were analysed and their physicochemical changes characterised. Although P3 showed a different trend as compared to both P1 and P2, all the powders had the highest moisture content at 0.428 aw, signifying the occurrence of lactose cryst ...