Jump to Main Content
- García-Pinilla, Santiago; Gutiérrez-López, Gustavo F.; Hernández-Sánchez, Humberto; González-Barbosa, José Joel; García-Armenta, Evangelina; Alamilla-Beltrán, Liliana; Dorantes-Álvarez, Lidia
- Journal of food engineering 2019 v.259 pp. 29-33
- popcorn, etc ; appendages; endocarp; geometry; morphometry; mushrooms; popping; seeds; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Four popcorn morphologies have been described but an account of the sizes and shapes that each morphology had during hot-air popping have not been reported. In this work, high-speed videos of popping kernels were captured to study two-dimension (2-D) morphometry changes during hot-air popping. Six main observed geometries during popping were: initial kernel, kernel with incipient expanded pericarp ...
- Soylu, S.; Tekkanat, A.
- Journal of food engineering 2007 v.80 no.1 pp. 336-341
- popcorn, etc ; seeds; volume; swelling (materials); protein content; weight; sensory properties; cultivars; genotype; popping; popping quality; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Expansion volume, flake size, percentage of unpopped kernels, protein content, kernel size, test weight, 1000 kernel weight and sensory evaluation were determined for 12 commercial popcorn genotypes in this study. Statistically significant variations were found by ANOVA amongst the genotypes for all the variables examined. The expansion volume of popcorn genotypes varied between 18.50 cm3 g-1 and ...