Jump to Main Content
- Vernon-Carter, E.J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2007 v.81 no.3 pp. 566-571
- water content; thermodynamics; water activity; sorption isotherms; macadamia nuts; shelf life; food spoilage; lipid peroxidation; rancidity; storage conditions; texture; sensory properties
- ... The moisture sorption isotherms of macadamia nut were determined using a gravimetric method at 25, 35 and 45 °C, and over a range of relative humidities. The Guggenheim-Anderson-de Boer (GAB) model was found to adequately describe the sorption characteristics. Differential and integral thermodynamic parameters were calculated to provide an understanding of the properties of water associated with f ...
- Vernon-Carter, E.J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2008 v.85 no.4 pp. 613-624
- peppers; oleoresins; essential oils; oil-water interface; emulsions; spray drying; biopolymers; gums; maltodextrins; whey protein; protein concentrates; coatings; activation energy; water activity; thermal stability; oxidative stability; differential scanning calorimetry; microencapsulation; sorption isotherms; diffusion; diffusivity
- ... Red chili oleoresin-in-water emulsions were spray-dried to obtain microcapsules with wall to core ratios of 2:1 and 4:1. The biopolymers mesquite gum (MG), maltodextrin DE 10 (MD) and whey protein concentrate (WPC) were used as wall materials in two different ratios (WPC17%-MG17%-MD66% w/w and WPC66%-MG17%-MD17% w/w). The activation energy of microcapsules stored at different water activities (aw) ...