Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Haijie, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2017 v.204 pp. 18-26
- crystallization; differential scanning calorimetry; freezing; freezing point; ice; pork; pork quality; water holding capacity
- ... This study investigated the effects of a high-voltage electrostatic field (HVEF) on the freezing behavior and quality maintenance of pork tenderloin. Based on the freezing behavior of deionized water (DW) under both AC and DC conditions, the freezing of pork samples using DC treatment was examined. It was found that the freezing point (Tm) and phase-transition time (crystallization time, tc) of th ...
- Liu, Haijie, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2013 v.115 no.2 pp. 245-250
- electrodes; frozen meat; frozen storage; meat quality; nitrogen; pork; temperature; thawing
- ... The thawing characteristics and post-thawing quality of frozen pork treated with high voltage electrostatic fields (HVEF) were compared with those of an air-thawed control. A multiple points-to-plate electrode operating at voltages above 6kV significantly shortened the thawing time. Under electrode voltages 4, 6, 8, and 10kV, thawing times were 70, 52, 46, and 40min respectively, versus 64min in t ...