Jump to Main Content
- Karwe, M.V., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food process engineering 2015 v.38 no.6 pp. 601-612
- antioxidants; cell membranes; cranberries; diffusivity; food industry; foods; high pressure treatment; mass transfer; permeability; quercetin
- ... High‐pressure processing (HPP) has been shown to enhance infusion of small‐size molecules into foods primarily because of cell membrane rupture. The enhanced infusion has been previously explained using increased effective diffusivity, which does not elucidate the actual mass transport mechanisms. This study evaluates and explains the role of transport processes and the influence of process parame ...
- KARWE, M.V., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of food process engineering 2006 v.29 no.4 pp. 386-399
- thermal diffusivity; turbulent flow; mathematical models; food surfaces; hot dogs; food processing equipment; heat transfer coefficient; baking quality; equipment performance; surface temperature; heat treatment; baking; heat transfer
- ... Numerical simulation of flow field and thermal transport processes for a turbulent jet impinging on the surface of a cylindrical object, e.g., hot dog, were carried out at different jet velocities. Numerical predictions for average surface heat transfer coefficient were compared with the experimental results obtained using a lumped mass approach for model aluminum cylinders. Results indicated good ...