Jump to Main Content
- Alenyorege, Evans Adingba; Ma, Haile; Ayim, Ishmael; Zhou, Cunshan; Wu, Ping; Hong, Chen; Osae, Richard
- Journal of food processing and preservation 2018 v.42 no.10 pp. e13747
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Chinese cabbage; Escherichia coli; Gram-negative bacteria; antibacterial properties; antioxidant activity; carotenes; chlorophyll; color; decontamination; food industry; fresh produce; hydroxyl radicals; in vitro studies; leaves; microstructure; ultrasonics; washing
- ... The effect of ultrasound washing with different frequencies including sweeping, fixed and combined fixed frequencies on Escherichia coli inactivation and selected physical and chemical qualities of Chinese cabbage were investigated. Colour, microstructure, total chlorophyll, total carotenes, total phenolic content, DPPH radical scavenging, hydroxyl radical scavenging and reducing power activities ...
- Lago, Amanda Maria Teixeira; de Sousa Gomes Pimenta, Maria Emília; Aoki, Isabela Emiliorelli; de Fátima Figueiredo, Aline; Schiassi, Maria Cecília Evangelista Vasconcelos; Pimenta, Carlos José
- Journal of food processing and preservation 2018 v.42 no.10
- Oreochromis niloticus; adhesion; agribusiness; agricultural wastes; animal proteins; chewiness; color; environmental protection; fatty acid composition; fish; fish processing; fish products; food industry; hardness; manufacturing; minced fish; mineral content; new products; nutrients; processing waste; protein content; sausages; trans fatty acids
- ... The aim of the study was to develop fish sausages and to identify the nutritional and technological effects of the increasing inclusion of minced fish (MF) derived from wastes of Nile tilapia processing. The sausages showed an increasing decrease in moisture and protein content, with consequent increase in fat, ash, and mineral content with inclusion from zero to 100% MF. The formulations had a go ...