Jump to Main Content
- Gahfoor, Kashif; Aljuhaimi, Fahad; Özcan, Mehmet Musa; Uslu, Nurhan; Hussain, Shahzad; Babiker, Elfadil E.; Fadimu, Gbemisola
- Journal of food processing and preservation 2018 v.42 no.10
- seed oils, etc ; alpha-linolenic acid; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; caffeic acid; calcium; dietary fat; linoleic acid; mineral content; minerals; nuts; oleic acid; omega-3 fatty acids; polyphenols; roasting; seed extracts; seeds; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The raw and roasted chia seeds were evaluated for different quality characteristics and their oil contents were found as 35.83% and 37.7%, respectively. Total phenol contents of raw and roasted chia seeds were observed as 3.07 and 3.43 mg GAE/g, respectively. Antioxidant activity values of chia seed extracts were analyzed as 4.24 (raw) and 3.31 µmol trolox/g (roasted seed). The most abundant indiv ...
- Rezvankhah, Amir; Emam‐Djomeh, Zahra; Safari, Mohammad; Askari, Gholamreza; Salami, Maryam
- Journal of food processing and preservation 2018 v.42 no.10 pp. e13766
- seed oils, etc ; Cannabis sativa; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; crystal structure; differential scanning calorimetry; fatty acid composition; high performance liquid chromatography; inhibitory concentration 50; oxidation; oxidative stability; polyunsaturated fatty acids; processing time; response surface methodology; solid phase extraction; thermal properties; thermography; tocopherols; triacylglycerols; ultrasonic treatment; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The efficiency of ultrasound‐assisted extraction (UAE) was evaluated for hempseed oil extraction using response surface methodology (RSM), and the obtained optimum point was 91 W and 10 min. In which, the extraction yield was obtained 33.61% w/w which was lower than Soxhlet extraction (37.93% w/w), whereas the process time was shorter than Soxhlet method (10 min vs. 8 hr). Extracted oil by UAE sho ...