Jump to Main Content
- Farahmandfar, Reza; Safari, Reza; Ahmadi vavsari, Fahimeh; Bakhshandeh, Tahmineh
- Journal of food processing and preservation 2016 v.40 no.2 pp. 291-297
- Hypophthalmichthys molitrix; Trachyspermum ammi; antioxidants; ethanol; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; health hazards; lipid peroxidation; oxidative stability; phenolic compounds; polyunsaturated fatty acids; seeds; shelf life; solvents; surimi; ultrasonic treatment
- ... Ultrasound‐assisted solvent (UAS) has received considerable attention for the recovery of different compounds from various sources. The aim of this study was to evaluate the UAS of ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi) on the quality of silver carp (Hypophthalmichthys molitrix) surimi. Dried powder of plant seeds were added to ethanol (1: 10 w/v) and extraction was done for 30 min at 45C. The mixture was so ...
- Malheiro, J.; Araújo, P.; Machado, I.; Lemos, M.; Mergulhão, F.; Melo, L.; Simões, M.
- Journal of food processing and preservation 2016 v.40 no.2 pp. 316-328
- Pseudomonas fluorescens; anti-infective properties; biofilm; cetyltrimethylammonium bromide; disinfectants; emissions; environmental health; hydrophobicity; minimum inhibitory concentration; mutagenicity; organic matter; plankton; pollutants; sodium hypochlorite
- ... Sodium hypochlorite (SH) is a widely used disinfectant. However, due to public health and environmental concerns, alternative disinfectants are required. In this study, the control of Pseudomonas fluorescens planktonic and biofilm cells was assessed with cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (CTAB), SH, 3‐bromopropionyl chloride (BPC) and 3‐bromopropionic acid (BPA). Their effects were tested against pla ...