Jump to Main Content
- Roselli, Luigi; Giannoccaro, Giacomo; Carlucci, Domenico; De Gennaro, Bernardo
- Journal of food products marketing 2018 v.24 no.6 pp. 784-801
- European Union; extra-virgin olive oil; foods; markets; models; organic production; protected designation of origin; purchasing; surveys
- ... In the early 1990s, the European Union established two main quality schemes: geographical indications (GIs) and organic production (OP). Despite the abundant literature on the EU quality schemes applied to many food categories, including extra virgin olive oil, in most studies, GIs and OP are analysed separately, under the assumption that they are independent. This study aims to prove that synergi ...
- Cranfield, John
- Journal of food products marketing 2018 v.24 no.6 pp. 697-723
- Canadians; beef; bovine spongiform encephalopathy; cattle; consumer acceptance; prions; socioeconomics; surveys; Canada
- ... The 2003 discovery of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE)-infected cattle in North America led to efforts to ensure the safety of beef produced in that region, and to some discussion regarding testing live cattle for the BSE prion. This article investigates consumer acceptance and valuation of beef from live cattle that have been voluntarily tested for BSE. Using data from an Internet-based sur ...