Jump to Main Content
- Khan, Anisa S.; Georges, Karla; Rahaman, Saed; Abdela, Woubit; Adesiyun, Abiodun A.
- Journal of food protection 2018 v.81 no.11 pp. 1880-1889
- Salmonella; ampicillin; antibiotic resistance; broiler chickens; cefoxitin; ceftiofur; ceftriaxone; chicken meat; chloramphenicol; disk diffusion antimicrobial test; doxycycline; enrofloxacin; erythromycin; farmers; gentamicin; kanamycin; multiple drug resistance; norfloxacin; poultry industry; retail marketing; serotypes; streptomycin; supermarkets; therapeutics; Trinidad and Tobago
- ... This study determined the frequency of resistance of 135 isolates of Salmonella, including 15 serotypes recovered from chickens purchased from retail outlets (cottage processors and supermarkets) across Trinidad. Resistance to 16 antimicrobial agents was determined by using the disk diffusion method. Resistance among the isolates was related to the type of retail outlet, location of outlets, type ...
- Sales, Camila Verissimo de; Melo, Adma Nadja Ferreira de; Niedzwiedzka, Katarzyna Maria; Souza, Evandro Leite de; Schaffner, Donald W.; Magnani, Marciane
- Journal of food protection 2018 v.81 no.11 pp. 1844-1850
- Salmonella Albany; Salmonella Heidelberg; Salmonella Newport; ampicillin; antibiotic resistance; breast meat; ceftriaxone; chicken meat; ciprofloxacin; duodenum; ileum; in vitro digestion; in vitro studies; mouth; phenotype; salmonellosis; serotypes
- ... Fifteen outbreak-linked Salmonella enterica strains in chicken meat were evaluated under simulated human gastrointestinal conditions for their resistance and susceptibility to 11 antibiotics from seven antibiotic classes. The MIC of each antibiotic was determined by microdilution in broth before and after the exposure of each strain to a continuous system simulating the conditions in the human mou ...