Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Jing; Li, Mingyue; Wang, Jing; Liu, Miaomiao; Yang, Kun; Zhang, Jie; Fan, Mingtao; Wei, Xinyuan
- Journal of food protection 2018 v.81 no.12 pp. 2054-2063
- DNA fingerprinting; Lactobacillus plantarum; Lactobacillus sakei; Staphylococcus carnosus; Weissella cibaria; Weissella confusa; agar; ampicillin; antibiotic resistance; beef; chloramphenicol; ciprofloxacin; coagulase negative staphylococci; gentamicin; kanamycin; lactic acid bacteria; lincomycin; neomycin; norfloxacin; oxytetracycline; phenotype; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; resistance genes; ribosomal RNA; risk assessment; roxithromycin; safety assessment; selective media; sequence analysis; streptomycin; vancomycin
- ... This study provided phenotypic and molecular analysis of the antibiotic resistance within coagulase-negative staphylococci and lactic acid bacteria isolated from naturally fermented Chinese cured beef. A total of 49 strains were isolated by selective medium and identified at the species level by 16S rRNA gene sequencing as follows: Staphylococcus carnosus (37), Lactobacillus plantarum (6), Weissel ...
- Tshipamba, Mpinda Edoaurd; Lubanza, Ngoma; Adetunji, Modupeade Christianah; Mwanza, Mulunda
- Journal of food protection 2018 v.81 no.12 pp. 1963-1972
- Enterococcus faecalis; Staphylococcus aureus; ampicillin; antibiotic resistance; bacteria; chloramphenicol; ciprofloxacin; developing countries; erythromycin; food pathogens; foodborne illness; government agencies; meat; multiple drug resistance; poisoning; public health; ready-to-eat foods; risk assessment; streptomycin; sulfonamides; South Africa
- ... The consumption of food contaminated with microbial populations remains a key route of foodborne infection in developing countries and creates a serious public health burden. This study aimed at identifying foodborne pathogens and their antibiotic resistance profiles in ready-to-eat meat sold in public eateries in the Johannesburg area. A total of 115 samples were examined for the incidence of bac ...