Jump to Main Content
- Reyes-Jurado, Fatima; Lopez-Malo, Aurelio; Palou, Enrique
- Journal of food protection 2016 v.79 no.2 pp. 309-315
- Lippia graveolens, etc ; Brassica nigra; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella Enteritidis; Staphylococcus aureus; Thymus vulgaris; additive effect; allyl isothiocyanate; anti-infective properties; bacteria; chemical composition; essential oils; flavor; foods; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; microbial growth; synergism; thyme; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The antimicrobial activities of essential oils from Mexican oregano (Lippia berlandieri Schauer), mustard (Brassica nigra), and thyme (Thymus vulgaris) were evaluated alone and in binary combinations against Listeria monocytogenes, Staphylococcus aureus, or Salmonella Enteritidis. Chemical compositions of the essential oils were analyzed by gas chromatography–mass spectrometry. The MICs of the eva ...
- Gomez-Sanchez, Aida; Palou, Enrique; Lopez-Malo, Aurelio
- Journal of food protection 2011 v.74 no.12 pp. 2192-2198
- Lippia graveolens, etc ; Aspergillus flavus; agar; air; antifungal properties; equations; essential oils; food spoilage; fungicides; germination; growth curves; logit analysis; models; pH; temperature; water activity; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The antifungal activity of Mexican oregano (Lippia berlandieri Schauer) essential oil by gaseous contact on the growth of Aspergillus flavus at selected essential oil concentrations (14.7, 29.4, 58.8, or 117.6 μl of essential oil per liter of air) and temperatures (25, 30, or 35°C) was evaluated in potato dextrose agar formulated at water activity of 0.98 and pH 4.0. Mold growth curves were adequa ...