Jump to Main Content
- Andritsos, Nikolaos D.; Kallitsis, Theodoros; Roukas, Dimokritos
- Journal of food safety 2019 v.39 no.2 pp. e12599
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; bacteria; detection limit; food pathogens; food safety; microbiological quality; pH; ready-to-eat foods; refrigeration; shelf life; sodium chloride; sorbic acid; storage temperature; water activity; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Listeria monocytogenes is now a well‐known foodborne pathogen of particular importance in ready‐to‐eat (RTE) refrigerated foods given the psychrotrophic character and ubiquitous nature of the bacterium. The objective of the current research was to assess the growth potential of L. monocytogenes in RTE cheese‐based (Feta) sauce. For this to occur, samples of Feta cheese‐based sauce (ca. 1% NaCl, pH ...
- Wei, Shuai; Daliri, Eric Banan‐Mwine; Chelliah, Ramachandran; Park, Byung‐Jae; Lim, Ji‐Su; Baek, Myo‐Ah; Nam, Yong‐Suk; Seo, Kun‐Ho; Jin, Yong‐Guo; Oh, Deog‐Hwan
- Journal of food safety 2019 v.39 no.1 pp. e12558
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Bacillus cereus; Staphylococcus aureus; bacteria; cherry tomatoes; chi-square distribution; food matrix; food pathogens; food safety; foods; genes; milk; public health; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Bacillus cereus, Listeria monocytogenes, and Staphylococcus aureus caused problems in public health and food safety. A multiplex real‐time PCR (qPCR) for simultaneous detection of these three pathogens in different kinds of food was developed. A high specificity (100%) was obtained using 21 target strains and 19 nontarget strains. Standard curves for pure cultures covered seven orders of magnitude ...