Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Haijie, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food safety 2017 v.37 no.3
- acidity; catechol oxidase; chlorine; disinfection; electrolyzed water; enzymatic browning; food industry; fruits; microorganisms; pH; roots; vegetables
- ... The disinfection efficacy of acidic electrolyzed water including slightly acidic electrolyzed water (SAEW) and strongly acidic electrolyzed water (AEW) on the fresh‐cut lotus roots and their effects on the appearance quality of fresh‐cut lotus root were evaluated in the present paper. The results showed that SAEW treatment could reduce the natural microbial flora populations as well as the inocula ...
- Liu, Haijie, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of food safety 2011 v.31 no.1 pp. 28-34
- Bacillus subtilis; Escherichia coli; bacteria; cilantro; disinfection; electrolytes; flora; food pathogens; fresh-cut foods; ionizing radiation; microbial contamination; ozone; public health; shelf life; sodium hypochlorite; vegetables
- ... The efficacy of slightly acidic electrolyzed water (SAEW) for reducing microbial contamination on fresh-cut cilantro was investigated in this study. The impacts of SAEW on the microbes of cilantro samples inoculated with two kinds of bacteria (Escherichia coli O78 and Bacillus subtilis 1.1849) were evaluated in comparison with NaClO solution and acidic electrolyzed water (AEW). Dipping with AEW, S ...