Jump to Main Content
- Jang, Yurim; Park, Jinwook; Song, Ha Youn; Choi, Seung Jun
- Journal of food science 2019 v.84 no.3 pp. 440-447
- Ostwald ripening, etc ; chemical structure; corn oil; droplets; emulsifiers; emulsions; essential oils; flavor; foods; hydrophilicity; medium chain triacylglycerols; micelles; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Ostwald ripening, one of the frequently observed instability of flavor oil emulsions, can be easily prevented by adding triacylglycerols to the oil phase. The effect of interfacial characteristics of the emulsion droplets (particularly thickness) on the effectiveness of triacylglycerol inhibition of Ostwald ripening was evaluated in this study. The prepared emulsions were stabilized with emulsifie ...
- Nam, Jin‐Sik; Park, Seo‐Yeon; Oh, Hye‐Jun; Jang, Hye‐Lim; Rhee, Young Ha
- Journal of food science 2019 v.84 no.1 pp. 174-182
- ripening, etc ; Asimina triloba; Clostridium perfringens; Corynebacterium xerosis; anti-infective agents; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; epicatechin; epigallocatechin; ethanol; fruits; median effective concentration; methanol; microorganisms; minimum inhibitory concentration; nutrients; p-coumaric acid; pulp; solvents; therapeutics; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... In this study, the phenolic components, as well as the antioxidant and antimicrobial activities, of the ripe and unripe fruit of pawpaw (Asimina triloba [L.] Dunal) extracted using five different solvents (distilled water, 95% methanol, 80% methanol, 95% ethanol, and 80% ethanol) were analyzed. The total phenolic content and total flavonoid content were the highest in the 95% ethanol (149.50 mg CA ...