Jump to Main Content
- Grant, Jennifer; Ryland, Donna; Isaak, Cara K.; Prashar, Suvira; Siow, Yaw L.; Taylor, Carla G.; Aliani, Michel
- Journal of food science 2017 v.82 no.3 pp. 807-817
- syrups, etc ; Aspalathus linearis; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; cholecalciferol; consumer acceptance; diet; flavonoids; flavor; green tea; iced tea; polyphenols; taste sensitivity; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The unique characteristics and healthful reputation of caffeine‐free rooibos tea (RT) make it an ideal carrier for vitamin D₃ supplementation, and a potential base for the addition of Saskatoon berry syrup (SBS), a natural flavor additive. The objective of this study was to determine the effect of vitamin D₃ fortification and SBS addition on the flavor profile, consumer acceptability, and antioxid ...
- Li, Runjing; Roos, Yrjö H.; Miao, Song
- Journal of food science 2017 v.82 no.9 pp. 2105-2112
- syrups, etc ; crystallization; glass transition; glass transition temperature; glucose; lactose; maltose; mechanical properties; particle size; sorption; spray drying; sucrose; trehalose; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Lactose‐sugars systems were produced by spray drying. They were lactose, lactose–glucose (4:1) mixtures, lactose–maltose (4:1) mixtures, lactose–sucrose (4:1) mixtures, lactose–trehalose (4:1) mixtures, and lactose–corn syrup solids (CSS) (4:1) mixtures. The physical characteristics, water sorption behavior, glass transition, and mechanical properties of miscible lactose‐sugars systems were invest ...