Jump to Main Content
- Morey, Amit; Bowers, Jordan W. J.; Bauermeister, Laura J.; Singh, Manpreet; Huang, Tung‐Shi; McKee, Shelly R.
- Journal of food science 2014 v.79 no.1 pp. M54
- Listeria monocytogenes; beef; consumer acceptance; hot dogs; lactation; meat quality; plate count; sensory properties; shelf life; sodium citrate; storage time; vacuum packaging
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate anti-listerial efficacy of salts of organic acids, and their impact on the quality of frankfurters. Beef frankfurters were manufactured by incorporating organic acids in 5 different combinations: (1) control (no marinade addition; C); (2) sodium lactate (2% wt/wt; SL); (3) potassium lactate (2% wt/wt; PL); (4) sodium citrate (0.75% wt/wt; SC); and (5) so ...
- Zaeim, Davood; Soleimanian‐Zad, Sabihe; Sheikh‐Zeinoddin, Mahmoud
- Journal of food science 2014 v.79 no.1 pp. M67
- GRAS substances; Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus; Listeria monocytogenes; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial proteins; bacteria; detergents; image analysis; mechanism of action; pH; pepsin; yogurt
- ... Forty‐two strains of Lactobacillus bulgaricus isolated from locally made yogurts were examined and compared for bacteriocin producing ability using spot on lawn assay which improved by taking photo and image processing. Lb. bulgaricus K41 exhibited the highest inhibition level against indicators. K41 Bacteriocin‐like inhibitory substance is sensitive to proteolytic enzymes (proteinase K, pepsin, a ...