Jump to Main Content
- Yurttas, Zeynep Sevimli; Moreira, Rosana G.; Castell‐Perez, Elena
- Journal of food science 2014 v.79 no.1 pp. E39
- Agaricus bisporus; ascorbic acid; calcium; chitosan; citric acid; color; ionizing radiation; irradiation; lactation; microbiological quality; mushrooms; shelf life; spoilage; texture
- ... This study assessed the application of an antibrowning solution using vacuum impregnation (VI) and then electron‐beam irradiation as a means to extend the shelf life of sliced white button mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus). A preliminary study helped to determine the best antibrowning solution and VI process parameters. Mushroom slices were impregnated with 2 g/100 g ascorbic acid + 1 g/100 g calcium ...
- Kokkinidou, S.; Floros, J. D.; LaBorde, L. F.
- Journal of food science 2014 v.79 no.1 pp. T108
- ascorbic acid; linear models; nonlinear models; patulin; prediction; temperature; thermal degradation
- ... Degradation of the mycotoxin patulin between 25 and 85 °C without and with added ascorbic acid was studied, and the effectiveness of linear and nonlinear models for predicting reaction rates was compared. In agreement with previous reports, ascorbic acid significantly increased (P ≤ 0.05) the rate of patulin degradation at all temperatures studied. The data for patulin degradation in the absence o ...