Jump to Main Content
- Kuroda, M.; Harada, T.
- Journal of food science 2000 v.65 no.4 pp. 596-603
- histidine, etc ; soups; beef; alanine; heat treatment; fractionation; chemical composition; peptides; glutamic acid; carboxypeptidases; gamma-glutamyltransferase; carnosine; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Beef soup stock solution was heated at 95 degrees C, and the macromolecular fractions were obtained by dialysis. Amino-acid analysis indicated that histidine and beta-alanine increased. The existence of beta-alanine suggests incorporation of carnosine into the macromolecular fraction during beef extract production. To confirm the incorporation of carnosine, the macromolecular fraction was digested ...
- Zhou, A.; Boatright, W.L.
- Journal of food science 2000 v.65 no.7 pp. 1155-1159
- histidine, etc ; soy protein; protein isolates; pyridines; food processing; isotope labeling; carbon; nitrogen; stable isotopes; ammonia; cultivars; arginine; lysine; asparagine; glutamine; aspartic acid; glutamic acid; pH; synthesis; glycine (amino acid); Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Using stable isotopic 13C-2, 4-decadienal and 15N-ammonia, both compounds were confirmed as precursors in the formation of 2-pentyl pyridine (2-pp) in processing of soybean protein isolates (SPI). The yields of 2-pp were higher when adding 2,4-decadienal and ammonia together than the yields when adding 2,4-decadienal only for soybean cultivars Stressland, LOX null, Edison, and KS4694. Arginine, ly ...