Jump to Main Content
- Marchello, M.J.; Slanger, W.D.; Milne, D.B.
- Journal of food science 1985 v.50 no.5 pp. 1375
- muscles; minerals; pork; food composition; nutrient content
- ... Abstract: An analytical study details information on the mineral content of 10 selected muscles (semimembranosus, semitendinosus, biceps femorus, gluteus medius, longissimus muscle, psoas major, serratus ventralis, supraspinatus, infraspinatus, and triceps brachii) removed from 10 pork carcasses. The muscles contained relatively high levels of K, Na, P, and Mg (mg/100 g), while lower levels of Ca, ...
- Bookwalter, G.N.; Highland, H.A.; Warner, K.
- Journal of food science 1985 v.50 no.1 pp. 245
- grain products; phosphates; soybean oil; insect pests; pest control; storage quality
- ... The effect of 2% tricalcium phosphate (TCP) in Soy-Fortified Bulgur (SFB), Soy-Fortified Cornmeal (SFCM) and Soy-Fortified Sorghum Grits (SFSG) was investigated. Excessive dusting was reduced and separation eliminated when 1% soybean oil was included with TCP. Oil addition also allowed vitamin enrichment of coarse, granular cereal and soy products without separation. TCP-oil treatment suppressed T ...