Jump to Main Content
- Stoforos, N.G.; Merson, R.L.
- Journal of food science 1990 v.55 no.2 pp. 478-521
- food processing; liquids; particles; temperature; heat transfer; mathematical models
- ... A mathematical procedure was developed to estimate heat transfer coefficients for heated rotating cans of food comprised of a liquid and spherical particles. The method uses experimental data for only the fluid temperature, and heat transfer coefficients are obtained by comparing predicted with experimental fluid temperature data in the Laplace transform plane. Results obtained using the procedure ...
- Mackey, K.L.; Ofoli, R.Y.
- Journal of food science 1990 v.55 no.2 pp. 417-423
- extruded foods; food processing; mathematical models; corn starch; dough; rheology
- ... A generalized model for predicting the extrudate viscosity of starch based products at low to intermediate moisture content is presented. It incorporates the effects of shear rate, temperature, moisture content, time-temperature history and strain history. The model was tested using corn starch dough at various moisture contents. An Instron capillary rheometer and a Baker Perkins MPF 50 D/25 co-ro ...