Jump to Main Content
- Lee, S.Y.; Morr, C.V.; Seo, A.
- Journal of food science 1990 v.55 no.2 pp. 532-536
- yogurt; ingredients; milk; soymilk; food processing; sensory evaluation
- ... Milk-based yogurt and soymilk-based yogurt were formulated from milk, soy milk and activated carbon treated- soymilk containing 3-5% (w/w) added whey protein concentrate (WPC) or nonfat dry milk (NFDM) and fermented with commercial yogurt bacteria culture. The activated carbon process was relatively ineffective for removing phenolic compounds and off-flavors from soymilk. WPC and NFDM both functio ...
- Min, D.B.; Ticknor, D.B.; Lee, S.H.; Reineccius, G.A.
- Journal of food science 1990 v.55 no.2 pp. 401-423
- milk; dried milk; food processing; antioxidants; propyl gallate; oxidation; food storage; food composition; carbon dioxide; low fat foods
- ... The effects of different processing methods and antioxidants on the oxidative stability and carbon dioxide formation in low fat dry milk at 65 degrees C for 8 days were determined by measuring volatile compound formation, oxygen disappearance, and carbon dioxide formation in the gas-tight sample bottle by gas chromatography. Foam spray dried or steam jacketed centrifugal wheel atomization dried mi ...