Jump to Main Content
- Gardiner, Emile; Stanturf, John; Leininger, Theodor; Hamel, Paul; Dorris, Lamar Jr.; Portwood, Jeffery; Shepard, James
- Journal of forestry 2008 v.106 no.7 pp. 363
- forests; ecological restoration; demonstration forests; afforestation; lowland forests; research; information dissemination; Mississippi
- ... As forest scientists increase their role in the process of science delivery, many research organizations are searching for novel methods to effectively build collaboration with managers to produce valued results. This article documents our experience with establishment of a forest restoration research and demonstration area in the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley (LMAV), a region that has experie ...
- Ryan, Robert L.; Hamin, Elisabeth
- Journal of forestry 2008 v.106 no.7 pp. 370
- wildfires; ecological restoration; forests; citizen participation; volunteerism; wildland-urban interface; Western United States
- ... After wildfire, land managers are often called on to undertake complex restoration activities while also managing relations with wildfire-devastated communities. This research investigates the community-US Forest Service agency relations in the postwildfire period in three western US communities. In each community, we interviewed key informant representatives from government, business, environment ...