Jump to Main Content
- Ryan, Robert L.; Hamin, Elisabeth
- Journal of forestry 2008 v.106 no.7 pp. 370
- wildfires; ecological restoration; forests; citizen participation; volunteerism; wildland-urban interface; Western United States
- ... After wildfire, land managers are often called on to undertake complex restoration activities while also managing relations with wildfire-devastated communities. This research investigates the community-US Forest Service agency relations in the postwildfire period in three western US communities. In each community, we interviewed key informant representatives from government, business, environment ...
- Toman, E.L.; Shindler, B.; Absher, J.; McCaffrey, S.
- Journal of forestry 2008 v.106 no.1 pp. 25
- wildfires; ecological restoration; USDA Forest Service; citizen participation; surveys; United States
The prevalence of large wildfires has increased in recent years. In many cases, agency personnel have little prior experience to draw from to organize their postfire response to uncharacteristically large events. However, local residents look to resource managers to provide the necessary leadership to work through these difficult decisions. In particular, methods to create meaningful discussion o ...