Jump to Main Content
- Ma, Jingyi; Zhang, Juan; Li, Qiuhong; Shi, Zhaoling; Wu, Huajie; Zhang, Huiqin; Tang, Liping; Yi, Ru; Su, Hui; Sun, Xin
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 65-75
- Clostridium; Mucispirillum; T-lymphocytes; Verrucomicrobia; animal models; dendritic cells; digestive system; flow cytometry; food allergies; homeostasis; immune response; intestinal microorganisms; mice; oral administration; ovalbumin; probiotics; ribosomal RNA
- ... Although the prevalence of food allergies is rising, the standard of care for these allergies is suboptimal. Probiotics have been reported to regulate the allergic immune response, but the underlying mechanisms are not fully understood. In this study, we aimed to evaluate the effect of a mixture of probiotics on food allergy in an ovalbumin (OVA)-induced murine model. Treatment with the probiotics ...
- Mine, Yoshinori; Jin, Yan; Zhang, Hua; Majumder, Kaustav; Zeng, Yuhan; Sakurai, Takeo; Taniguchi, Yoshifumi; Takagaki, Ryodai; Watanabe, Hikaru; Mitsuzumi, Hitoshi
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 305-311
- histamine; hens; blood serum; hypersensitivity; ovalbumin; immunosuppression; inflammation; allergens; mice; immunoglobulin E; animal models; prebiotics; immune response; oral administration; drinking water; eggs; interleukin-4; signs and symptoms (animals and humans)
- ... Earlier studies reported that administration of prebiotics may prevent allergic inflammation, however, results remain controversial. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of isomaltodextrin (IMD) against hen egg ovalbumin (OVA)-induced allergic response in mice. BALB/c mice were sensitized to OVA and subsequently administered different doses of IMD in drinking water. Our results showed ...