Jump to Main Content
- Quitete, Fernanda Torres; de Moura, Egberto Gaspar; Atella, Geórgia Correa; Lisboa, Patricia Cristina; de Oliveira, Elaine
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 17-27
- adults; animal models; breast feeding; coconut oil; males; mothers; overeating; overweight; progeny; pups; rats; soybean oil; thyrotropin; undereating; visceral fat; weaning
- ... We investigated the effects of maternal coconut oil supplementation during breastfeeding on the endocrine-metabolic profiles of offspring and the impact of continued exposure throughout life. Rat mothers were separated into: soybean oil (SO); and coconut oil (CO) groups and received the oils through gavage (0.5 g/kg of BW) and had free access to standard chow. After weaning, half of the pups from ...
- Jarukamjorn, Kanokwan; Chatuphonprasert, Waranya; Jearapong, Nattharat; Punvittayagul, Charatda; Wongpoomchai, Rawiwan
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 117-125
- alanine transaminase; animal models; antioxidants; aspartate transaminase; biotransformation; curcumin; cytochrome P-450; enzyme activity; fructose; genes; glucose tolerance; hepatoprotective effect; high energy diet; high fructose diet; liver; males; metabolic syndrome; metabolites; mice; oxidative stress; saturated fats; soybean oil; stress response; trans fatty acids
- ... Excessive consumption of a fat- and/or fructose-rich hypercaloric diet leads to metabolic syndromes. This study aimed to investigate the hepatoprotective effects of tetrahydrocurcumin (THC), an anti-oxidant metabolite of curcumin, in a hypercaloric diet-induced oxidative stress mouse model. Male ICR mice were fed a high-fat and high-fructose diet (HFFD) containing hydrogenated soybean oil (44.1% s ...