Jump to Main Content
- Chang, Chia-Yuan; Ho, Bing-Ying; Pan, Tzu-Ming
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 36-47
- Lactobacillus paracasei subsp. paracasei; adjuvants; adverse effects; animal models; blood serum; colorectal neoplasms; cytokines; drug therapy; interstitial collagenase; intestines; lactic acid bacteria; metastasis; mice; oxidative stress; skim milk; spleen; vascular endothelial growth factors
- ... Colorectal cancer (CRC) is a major cause of cancer-related deaths worldwide. Chemotherapy is the usual treatment, but entails side effects. Although lactic acid bacteria (LAB) ameliorate CRC, the effects of LAB-fermented skim milk are unknown. Thus, we investigated the effect of Lactobacillus paracasei subsp. paracasei NTU 101-fermented skim milk (NTU 101FM) in combination with chemotherapy on CRC ...
- Mine, Yoshinori; Jin, Yan; Zhang, Hua; Majumder, Kaustav; Zeng, Yuhan; Sakurai, Takeo; Taniguchi, Yoshifumi; Takagaki, Ryodai; Watanabe, Hikaru; Mitsuzumi, Hitoshi
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 305-311
- histamine; hens; blood serum; hypersensitivity; ovalbumin; immunosuppression; inflammation; allergens; mice; immunoglobulin E; animal models; prebiotics; immune response; oral administration; drinking water; eggs; interleukin-4; signs and symptoms (animals and humans)
- ... Earlier studies reported that administration of prebiotics may prevent allergic inflammation, however, results remain controversial. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of isomaltodextrin (IMD) against hen egg ovalbumin (OVA)-induced allergic response in mice. BALB/c mice were sensitized to OVA and subsequently administered different doses of IMD in drinking water. Our results showed ...