Jump to Main Content
- Chahibakhsh, Negar; Hosseini, Ebrahim; lslam, Md. Shahidul; Rahbar, Ali Reza
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 343-351
- almonds; apple juice; bioactive compounds; blood serum; body mass index; dietary supplements; hyperinsulinemia; hyperlipidemia; insulin resistance; obesity; patients; triacylglycerols; xanthan gum
- ... The aim of this study was to compare the effects of different gums on glycemic and lipidemic parameters in patients with hyperlipidemia. Sixty patients were divided into four groups of 15 individuals in each group. Group 1 was selected as control. Groups 2, 3, and 4 consumed 300 mL of apple juice enriched with bitter almond, tragacanth and xanthan gum, respectively. After 6-week intervention, the ...
- Cheng, Zhenyong; Hu, Min; Tao, Jun; Yang, Hao; Yan, Pengju; An, Guipeng; Wang, Hongliang
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 238-247
- Dioscorea polystachya; bioactive compounds; blood glucose; blood sampling; blood serum; cholesterol; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; high fat diet; hyperlipidemia; immunohistochemistry; immunomodulation; in vivo studies; ingredients; insulin; insulin resistance; insulin tolerance test; interleukin-10; interleukin-1beta; leptin; low density lipoprotein; mice; models; obesity; polysaccharides; protective effect; triacylglycerols
- ... Chinese yam polysaccharide (CYP), a bioactive compound of Chinese yam, has been proven to exhibit many pharmacological effects, such as anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidation and immune-modulation activities. However, little is known about its effect on modulating blood fat level and its protective effect against insulin resistance.The present study aims to evaluate the protective effect against obesit ...