Jump to Main Content
- Jéssica A.A. Garcia; Rúbia C.G. Corrêa; Lillian Barros; Carla Pereira; Rui M.V. Abreu; Maria José Alves; Ricardo C. Calhelha; Adelar Bracht; Rosane M. Peralta; Isabel C.F.R. Ferreira
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 325-332
- Euterpe edulis; anthocyanins; antibacterial properties; antioxidant activity; bioeconomics; byproducts; chemical composition; cyanidin; flavonols; flavor; flour; fruit pulp; fruits; hepatotoxicity; nutritive value; phenolic acids; rain forests; Brazil
- ... The pulp of the fruits of Juçara (Euterpes edulis Martius), a native tree of the Atlantic Rainforest of Brazil, is widely consumed thanks to its flavour and nutritional value. The industrial production of Juçara fruit pulp generates solid residues (peel) which are usually discarded. In this work, a hydroalcoholic extract from Juçara peel flour was evaluated for its phenolic profile as well as for ...
- Chuanhai Tu; Sijie Tang; Fidelis Azi; Wenxiu Hu; Mingsheng Dong
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.52 pp. 81-89
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Bacillus subtilis; Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; aldehydes; antibacterial properties; antioxidant activity; byproducts; chemical composition; esters; fermentation; flavor; food processing wastes; kombucha; liquids; pH; pollution; soy protein; titratable acidity; tofu; whey
- ... Soy whey is a liquid by-product from tofu and soy protein manufacturing, and is usually discarded, leading to environmental pollution. This study investigated the feasibility of transforming soy whey into a novel functional beverage using kombucha consortium. Changes in chemical compositions and bioactivities were monitored during the fermentation. The fermentation induced a reduction in pH and in ...