Jump to Main Content
- Yaping Liu; Yumeng Li; Wenlingzi Zhang; Mingzhe Sun; Zesheng Zhang
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 381-390
- Ganoderma lucidum; glucose; glycemic effect; glycogen; high fat diet; hypoglycemia; insulin resistance; inulin; lipid metabolism; messenger RNA; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nutrient transport; rats; streptozotocin
- ... It has been reported that both inulin and ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides are conducive to glucose metabolism. The aim of present study was to explore the hypoglycemia effect and molecular mechanism of the inulin combined with ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides in type 2 diabetic mellitus (T2DM) rats. T2DM rats were induced by high fat diet (HFD) and streptozotocin (STZ). Then the inulin and gano ...
- Du-Xin Jin; Jun-Fang He; Xue-Gang Luo; Tong-Cun Zhang
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.52 pp. 479-491
- Bacteroidetes; Firmicutes; Hypericum; Proteobacteria; blood glucose; colon; glycemic effect; glycogen; inflammation; insulin resistance; intestinal microorganisms; lipid metabolism; medicinal plants; mice; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; public health; short chain fatty acids; small intestine; therapeutics
- ... Hypericum attenuatum Choisy, as an edible medicinal plant, possesses multiple therapeutic effects. Type 2 diabetes is a metabolic disorder that has become a major threat to public health. The objective of this study was to investigate the hypoglycemic effect of Hypericum attenuatum Choisy extracts (HaC) on T2DM mice and modulatory effect of HaC on composition of intestinal microflora. T2DM mice we ...