Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Xiaoling; Xu, Youwei; Qi, Yan; Han, Xu; Yin, Lianhong; Xu, Lina; Liu, Kexin; Peng, Jinyong
- Journal of functional foods 2015 v.16 pp. 436-447
- rats, etc ; alanine transaminase; aspartate transaminase; body weight; collagen; cytokines; fibronectins; health services; hepatocytes; hydroxyproline; inflammation; lipid peroxidation; liver; liver cirrhosis; mitogen-activated protein kinase; oxidative stress; protective effect; signal transduction; transcription factor NF-kappa B; vimentin; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The protective effects and mechanisms of dioscin against liver fibrosis were investigated. The results showed that dioscin markedly suppressed the proliferation of HSC-T6 cells, but not to the isolated hepatocytes, down-regulated the levels of fibronectin, α-SMA, collagen and vimentin, and up-regulated PPAR-γ expression to inhibit HSC activation. Interestingly, dioscin also significantly rehabilit ...
- Chen, Po-Ju; Chiu, Chih-Hsien; Tseng, Jung-Kai; Yang, Kou-Tai; Chen, Yi-Chen
- Journal of functional foods 2015 v.14 pp. 154-162
- rats, etc ; actin; animal models; antioxidant activity; aspartate transaminase; collagen; enzyme activity; fibrosis; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; hepatoprotective effect; histopathology; inflammation; interleukin-6; liver; liver cirrhosis; oxidative stress; plant gums; smooth muscle; superoxide dismutase; transcription factor NF-kappa B; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... D-Glucuronolactone (C6H8O6, lactone), naturally found in plant gums, is commercially acclaimed for its hepatoprotective effects. This study was to investigate whether lactone can attenuate thioacetamide (TAA)-induced liver fibrosis in a rat model. Results showed that lactone supplementation (75 mg kg−1 bw glucuronolactone) alleviated AST values in TAA-intraperitoneally-injected rats (100 mg kg−1 b ...