Jump to Main Content
- Dwivedi, Minakshee; Vasantha, K.Y.; Sreerama, Yadahally N.; Haware, D.J.; Singh, R.P.; Sattur, A.P.
- Journal of functional foods 2015 v.15 pp. 217-224
- rats, etc ; Paspalum scrobiculatum; Penicillium roquefortii; advanced glycation end products; antioxidant activity; body weight; caffeic acid; calcium; chlorogenic acid; cholesterol; diet; functional foods; fungi; high performance liquid chromatography; histopathology; kidneys; lifestyle; lipid content; liver; mortality; naringenin; phytopharmaceuticals; potassium; reducing sugars; rice; sinapic acid; sodium; solid state fermentation; toxicity; triacylglycerol lipase; wheat; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... The high therapeutic value of kodo millet (Paspalum scrobiculatum) due to an abundance of phytochemicals, particularly phenolic compounds having strong antioxidant properties, make this underutilized cereal an excellent substitute to rice or wheat. Solid state fermentation of kodo millet using Penicillium roqueforti showed an inhibition of 17% against pancreatic lipase and 55% towards the advanced ...
- Matusiewicz, Magdalena; Kosieradzka, Iwona; Sobczak-Filipiak, Małgorzata; Zuk, Magdalena; Szopa, Jan
- Journal of functional foods 2015 v.14 pp. 299-307
- rats, etc ; anti-inflammatory activity; antioxidant activity; blood serum; carbohydrate metabolism; experimental diets; flax; gene overexpression; high energy diet; high fat diet; inflammation; interleukin-4; interleukin-6; lard; linseed cake; lipid peroxidation; liver; models; obesity; polyphenols; transgenic plants; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; ultrastructure; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The influence of chronic administration of seed cake of genetically modified flax W92/72, which overexpressed polyphenols, on diet-evoked inflammation in the liver and other physiological disturbances was examined. High-fat-diet-induced rat obesity models were administered ad libitum the experimental diets (standard, high-fat with lard, and standard and high-fat diets enriched with 30% seed cake o ...