Jump to Main Content
- Žilić, Slađana; Vančetović, Jelena; Janković, Marijana; Maksimović, Vuk
- Journal of functional foods 2014 v.10 pp. 65-74
- Maillard reaction; Zea mays; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; corn; dietary supplements; functional foods; genotype; glycosides; ingredients; melanoidins; nutrient content; oxidation; phenolic compounds; pollen; quercetin; temperature; therapeutics; wavelengths
- ... The nutritional composition, the phenolic profiles and antioxidant capacity of the floral pollen from maize genotypes were evaluated. In addition, the antioxidant capacity, browning and wavelength spectra of melanoidins were investigated in the pollen samples stored at 4 °C for 7 days, dried at 40 °C for 6 h and exposed to a temperature of 100 °C during 12 h. The results showed that different maiz ...
- Zhang, Wei; Li, Chao; You, Li-Jun; Fu, Xiong; Chen, Yong-Sheng; Luo, Yu-Qin
- Journal of functional foods 2014 v.10 pp. 427-435
- Toona sinensis; active ingredients; antineoplastic activity; antioxidant activity; breast neoplasms; chromatography; ethyl acetate; food industry; free radical scavengers; functional foods; hepatoma; humans; leaves; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- ... The aim of this study was to isolate key active compounds from Toona sinensis leaves (TSL) with antioxidant and anticancer activities. Four compounds, quercetin-3-O-α-L-rhamnopyranoside (QLR), kaempferol-3-O-α-L-rhamnopyranoside (KLR), 1,2,3,4,6-penta-O-galloyl-β-D-glucopyranose (PGG) and ethyl gallate (EG), were purified from the ethyl acetate fraction of TSL by column chromatography. Their struc ...