Jump to Main Content
- Žilić, Slađana; Vančetović, Jelena; Janković, Marijana; Maksimović, Vuk
- Journal of functional foods 2014 v.10 pp. 65-74
- Maillard reaction; Zea mays; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; corn; dietary supplements; functional foods; genotype; glycosides; ingredients; melanoidins; nutrient content; oxidation; phenolic compounds; pollen; quercetin; temperature; therapeutics; wavelengths
- ... The nutritional composition, the phenolic profiles and antioxidant capacity of the floral pollen from maize genotypes were evaluated. In addition, the antioxidant capacity, browning and wavelength spectra of melanoidins were investigated in the pollen samples stored at 4 °C for 7 days, dried at 40 °C for 6 h and exposed to a temperature of 100 °C during 12 h. The results showed that different maiz ...
- Diana, Marina; Quílez, Joan; Rafecas, Magdalena
- Journal of functional foods 2014 v.10 pp. 407-420
- antihypertensive effect; bioactive compounds; biosynthesis; fermented foods; functional foods; gamma-aminobutyric acid; humans; lactic acid bacteria; metabolic diseases; sensory properties; value added
- ... Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is a non-protein amino acid, considered a potent bioactive compound. GABA has been widely studied because of its numerous physiological functions and positive effects on many metabolic disorders. One the most important of these is the hypotensive effect that has been demonstrated in animals and in human intervention trials. The biosynthesis of GABA and its optimizati ...