Jump to Main Content
- Jéssica A.A. Garcia; Rúbia C.G. Corrêa; Lillian Barros; Carla Pereira; Rui M.V. Abreu; Maria José Alves; Ricardo C. Calhelha; Adelar Bracht; Rosane M. Peralta; Isabel C.F.R. Ferreira
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 325-332
- Euterpe edulis; anthocyanins; antibacterial properties; antioxidant activity; bioeconomics; byproducts; chemical composition; cyanidin; flavonols; flavor; flour; fruit pulp; fruits; hepatotoxicity; nutritive value; phenolic acids; rain forests; Brazil
- ... The pulp of the fruits of Juçara (Euterpes edulis Martius), a native tree of the Atlantic Rainforest of Brazil, is widely consumed thanks to its flavour and nutritional value. The industrial production of Juçara fruit pulp generates solid residues (peel) which are usually discarded. In this work, a hydroalcoholic extract from Juçara peel flour was evaluated for its phenolic profile as well as for ...
- Thays H. Borges; José Alberto Pereira; Carmen Cabrera–Vique; Isabel Seiquer
- Journal of functional foods 2017 v.37 pp. 209-218
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; antioxidant activity; cell culture; cell viability; cytotoxicity; digestion; extra-virgin olive oil; human cell lines; in vitro digestion; models; protective effect; Brazil; Spain
- ... A physiological approach to assessing the antioxidant potential of Arbequina EVOO from different zones of Brazil and Spain was performed, applying a combined model of simulated digestion and cell cultures, using the Caco-2 cell line. Our results showed an increasing of total phenolic content (TPC) and antioxidant properties promoted by the in vitro digestion. Preincubating Caco-2 cells with bioacc ...