Jump to Main Content
- Silva, Hugo L.A., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2018 v.49 pp. 378-383
- Lactobacillus casei; Rattus; abdominal cavity; animal models; animals; blood serum; calcium; calcium oxalate; cheeses; creatinine; dairy consumption; excretion; functional foods; magnesium; males; pH; pellets; potassium; probiotics; radiography; renal calculi; sodium; therapeutics; urea; urinalysis
- ... The effect of probiotic Prato cheese containing Lactobacillus casei 01 (7–8 log CFU/g) on urolithiasis was evaluated. Twenty-four male Rattus novergicus, Wistar line (8 weeks old), with surgical implant of calcium oxalate tablets (CaOx) were used. The animals were organized into four groups (n = 6) randomly divided into: Naive Control (NC); Control of calcium oxalate (CaOx-C); Calcium oxalate with ...
- Silva, Hugo L.A., et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2018 v.45 pp. 435-443
- Lactobacillus casei; antioxidants; bioactive properties; cheeses; cholesterol; fatty acid composition; hematocrit; hemoglobin; lactic acid bacteria; microstructure; pH; peptidyl-dipeptidase A; probiotics; proteolysis; proximate composition; triacylglycerols; women
- ... This study aimed to evaluate the effects of Lactobacillus casei 01 on quality parameters of Minas Frescal cheese and to investigate the hematological and clinical effects of its regular consumption on hypertensive overweighed women (n = 30, 50 g, 28 days). Microbiological (lactic acid bacteria and probiotic counts), physicochemical parameters (proximate composition, pH, proteolysis, organic acid l ...