Jump to Main Content
- Patten, Glen S.; Abeywardena, Mahinda Y.; Sundram, Kalyana; Tan, Yew Ai; Sambanthamurthi, Ravigadevi
- Journal of functional foods 2015 v.17 pp. 928-937
- gastrointestinal transit, etc ; Elaeis guineensis; amylose; angiotensin I; colon; corn starch; dietary supplements; gallic acid; gastric emptying; polyphenols; potassium chloride; rats; resistant starch; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The effects of a novel water soluble polyphenolics preparation (oil palm phenolics; OPP) on whole gastrointestinal transit, ex vivo proximal and distal colonic contractility and intact expulsion time in the distal colon were examined. Nine weeks of dietary supplementation with OPP at 50 mg gallic acid equivalents (GAE)/rat per day had no effect on gastric emptying compared to the control (AIN-93M) ...
- Paturi, Gunaranjan; Butts, Christine A.; Monro, John A.; Hedderley, Duncan; Stoklosinski, Halina; Roy, Nicole C.; Ansell, Juliet
- Journal of functional foods 2012 v.4 no.1 pp. 107-115
- gastrointestinal transit, etc ; cecum; cellulose; colon; corn; corn starch; dietary fiber; digesta; duodenum; fermentation; ingestion; inulin; potatoes; rats; short chain fatty acids; titanium dioxide; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The rate and extent of in situ digesta transit after ingestion of diets containing dietary fibres differing in their susceptibility to large intestine fermentation were investigated. One hundred and twenty rats were fed diets containing 7.5% cellulose, inulin, potato fibre or maize starch for 3days, then the same diets with titanium dioxide (TiO₂) for 3days, followed by diets without TiO₂ for 2day ...