Jump to Main Content
- Jinlan Zhang; Shibo Wang; Zhu Zeng; Yuxuan Qin; Qian Shen; Pinglan Li
- Journal of functional foods 2020 v.67 pp. 103843
- Bifidobacterium animalis; animal disease models; antioxidants; blood glucose; blood serum; cytokines; gene expression; glucose; glycemic effect; glycogen; glycosylation; hemoglobin; hepatoprotective effect; high fat diet; insulin resistance; lipid composition; liver; males; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; oral administration; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; rats; streptozotocin; tissues
- ... The anti-diabetic effects of Bifidobacterium animalis 01 and its potential mechanisms were investigated. Male SD rats were given a high-fat chow diet with low-dose streptozotocin (30 mg/kg BW) to induce T2DM. The supplements with B. animalis 01 were given in a pre- and post-treatment method. Oral administration of B. animalis 01 decreased food and water intake, blood glucose concentration, and gly ...
- Yaping Liu; Yumeng Li; Wenlingzi Zhang; Mingzhe Sun; Zesheng Zhang
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 381-390
- Ganoderma lucidum; glucose; glycemic effect; glycogen; high fat diet; hypoglycemia; insulin resistance; inulin; lipid metabolism; messenger RNA; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nutrient transport; rats; streptozotocin
- ... It has been reported that both inulin and ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides are conducive to glucose metabolism. The aim of present study was to explore the hypoglycemia effect and molecular mechanism of the inulin combined with ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides in type 2 diabetic mellitus (T2DM) rats. T2DM rats were induced by high fat diet (HFD) and streptozotocin (STZ). Then the inulin and gano ...