Jump to Main Content
- Priego-Capote, Feliciano, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2016 v.24 pp. 403-419
- Agaricus bisporus; acids; active ingredients; amino acids; antiviral properties; disaccharides; fractionation; liquid chromatography; liquid-liquid extraction; metabolites; mushrooms; phospholipids; purines; solvents; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... Aqueous enzymatic extracts of edible mushroom Agaricus bisporus (AbAEE) have been studied as a key source of biological active compounds, among which those with antiviral activity against HCV are of special interest. Searching for a better knowledge of AbAEE, a new approach based on sequential fractionation with solvents of different polarity is here proposed to improve the tentative identificatio ...
- Priego-Capote, Feliciano, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2013 v.5 no.4 pp. 1566-1575
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; fortified wines; grapes; high performance liquid chromatography; hydrogen peroxide; phenolic compounds; protective effect; proteins; solar drying; solar radiation; taxifolin; yeasts; Spain
- ... Sunlight exposure is a traditional way to dry postharvested white Pedro Ximenez grapes, and the dried grapes are the basis of a sweet fortified wine elaborated in the South of Spain. In this paper, we have studied the effect of seven days of exposure of grapes to sunlight. The phenolic content in the skins and flesh has been determined. The transient induction of phenolics has been detected and id ...