Jump to Main Content
- Nishimura, Mie; Ohkawara, Tatsuya; Kagami-Katsuyama, Hiroyo; Sekiguchi, Shizuko; Taira, Toshio; Tsukada, Mana; Shibata, Hiroki; Nishihira, Jun
- Journal of functional foods 2014 v.7 pp. 487-494
- Coix lacryma-jobi, etc ; Bacteroidetes; Oriental traditional medicine; humans; intestinal microorganisms; placebos; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Adlay has been used as a traditional Chinese medicine and nutrient for its beneficial effects on bowel movements and skin care. This study examined the effect of enzymatic degradation product of adlay, “Super Hatomugi” (SPH) on human skin and the intestinal flora in a randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled study. The subjects were divided into three groups: 500mg SPH, 1000mg SPH, and placebo, ...
- Chen, Chao; Zhang, Yiyi; Gao, Yulong; Xu, Qian; Ju, Xingrong; Wang, Lifeng
- Journal of functional foods 2016 v.26 pp. 394-405
- Coix lacryma-jobi, etc ; Western blotting; acetone; antineoplastic activity; butanol; caspase-3; caspase-9; cytochrome c; electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; ferulic acid; inhibitory concentration 50; neoplasms; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; p-coumaric acid; rutin; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... n-butanol fraction of acetone extract of defatted adlay (Coix lachryma-jobi L. var. ...
... ma-yuen Stapf) seed meal. Compound 1 was identified from adlay for the first time. The ...