Jump to Main Content
- Li, Shuyi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2018 v.44 pp. 155-165
- Bifidobacterium; Litchi; blood glucose; blood serum; brown adipose tissue; diabetes; dietary supplements; endotoxins; gluconeogenesis; glucose; glycolysis; heat; homeostasis; hyperglycemia; insulin; lipogenesis; liver; mice; oxidative stress; pericarp; procyanidins; protective effect; signal transduction; skeletal muscle; streptozotocin; white adipose tissue
- ... This study evaluated the protective role of litchi pericarp oligomeric procyanidins (LPOPC) and synbiotics (Bifidobacterium Bb-12 and xylo-oligosaccharide) against high fat and streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetes. LPOPC or synbiotics have no effect on blood glucose in normal mice. Treatments with LPOPC for 12 weeks significantly reduced blood glucose, FFA, endotoxin, GHbA1c and improved glucose ...
- Li, Shuyi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2016 v.27 pp. 711-722
- AMP-activated protein kinase; animal disease models; diabetes; gene expression regulation; genes; glucokinase; gluconeogenesis; glucose; glucose transporters; glucose-6-phosphatase; glycemic effect; glycolysis; high fat diet; homeostasis; hyperglycemia; insulin receptors; liver; mice; muscles; pericarp; phosphofructokinases; procyanidins; pyruvate dehydrogenase (lipoamide); pyruvate kinase; skeletal muscle; streptozotocin
- ... A-type procyanidins is rich in litchi pericarp. This study evaluated the prevention and anti-diabetic effect of A-type oligomeric procyanidins (A-OPC). The results showed A-OPC was more effective than B-type oligomeric procyanidins (B-OPC) of lotus seedpod. AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) was activated in liver and skeletal muscle. The protein levels of glucokinase (GK), glucose transporter ty ...