Jump to Main Content
- Luo, Mei, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.55 pp. 1-8
- Cyclocarya paliurus; apoptosis; cytokines; diabetes; fatty acid metabolism; fatty liver; gene expression regulation; genes; glycemic effect; hyperlipidemia; islets of Langerhans; lipids; liver; mitochondria; oxidative stress; polysaccharides; protein synthesis; transcription (genetics); transcriptomics
- ... Cyclocarya paliurus polysaccharides have been reported to prevent diabetes, but the underlying mechanisms are unclear. This current study aimed to reveal the possible underlying anti-diabetic mechanisms of CPP based on transcriptome profiling. Our experimental results demonstrated CPP could protect pancreas islets through decreasing oxidative stress and pro-inflammatory cytokines, and alleviate dy ...
- Luo, Mei-Ning, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2015 v.12 pp. 262-270
- acetaminophen; alanine transaminase; chitosan; cytochrome P-450; diet; functional foods; hepatotoxicity; liver; liver diseases; metabolism; oligosaccharides; overdose; rats; transporters
- ... Chitosan oligosaccharides (COS) are functional foods with various biological activities. Acetaminophen (APAP) is a widely used antipyretic and analgesic drug that can cause acute liver injury when taken in overdose. To investigate the effects of COS on the metabolism and toxicity of acetaminophen in rat liver, rats were fed a controlled diet without or with 1% and 3% COS for 5 weeks and were then ...