Jump to Main Content
- Tanner Ryan Devlin; Maciej S. Kowalski; Efren Pagaduan; Xugang Zhang; Victor Wei; Jan A. Oleszkiewicz
- Journal of hazardous materials 2019 v.368 pp. 862-868
- alkalinity; alum; aluminum; anodes; chemical oxygen demand; electrochemistry; electrocoagulation; electrolysis; gas production (biological); iron; magnesium; municipal wastewater; nitrification; nitrogen content; orthophosphates; pH; phosphorus; wastewater treatment
- ... Primary influent from a municipal wastewater treatment plant was electrochemically treated with sacrificial aluminum, iron, and magnesium electrodes. The influence of sacrificial anodes on the removal of chemical oxygen demand, total nitrogen, total phosphorus, and orthophosphate during sedimentation was investigated. Nitrification kinetics were assessed on treated supernatant and biogas productio ...
- Xiyan Ji; Huimin Li; Jibiao Zhang; Hexige Saiyin; Zheng Zheng
- Journal of hazardous materials 2019 v.365 pp. 483-493
- Chlorella; DNA methylation; ammonium; chemical oxygen demand; municipal wastewater; nuclear genome; organic matter; orthophosphates; phosphorus; pollution control; public water supply; stress tolerance; total nitrogen
- ... In this study, the effects of nutrient and dissolved organic matter removal, stress resistance (DNA methylation), and the algae-bacteria dynamic ratio of algal-bacterial consortia in actual municipal wastewater were investigated. Results indicate that the presence of a Chlorella vulgaris-Bacillus licheniformis consortium had profound effects. The removal rates of total nitrogen, ammonium, orthopho ...