Jump to Main Content
- Miao, Yu; Guo, Xuechao; Jiang, Wei; Zhang, Xu-Xiang; Wu, Bing
- Journal of hazardous materials 2017 v.327 pp. 89-96
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; activated sludge; aluminum; bacteria; biofouling; calcium; cations; chemical oxygen demand; community structure; correspondence analysis; genes; iron; magnesium; metal ions; metal tolerance; microbial communities; ribosomal RNA; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Five lab-scale membrane bioreactors (MBRs) were continuously operated to investigate the mechanisms and linkages of the microbial community and membrane fouling with trivalent metal cations (Fe(III) and Al(III)) and bivalent metal cations (Ca(II) and Mg(II)) shock loads. COD and NH4⁺-N removals showed recovery trends along with treatment process in the presence of metals. Trivalent metal cations r ...
- Huang, Chunkai; Shi, Yijing; Xue, Jinkai; Zhang, Yanyan; Gamal El-Din, Mohamed; Liu, Yang
- Journal of hazardous materials 2017 v.326 pp. 120-129
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; activated sludge; ammonium; biofilm; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; denitrifying microorganisms; genes; microbial biomass; moving bed biofilm reactors; naphthenates; oil sands; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... This study compared microbial characteristics and oil sands process-affected water (OSPW) treatment performance of five types of microbial biomass (MBBR-biofilm, IFAS-biofilm, IFAS-floc, MBR-aerobic-floc, and MBR-anoxic-floc) cultivated from three types of bioreactors (MBBR, IFAS, and MBR) in batch experiments. Chemical oxygen demand (COD), ammonium, acid extractable fraction (AEF), and naphthenic ...