Jump to Main Content
- Quan, Xie, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2017 v.338 pp. 186-193
- Danio rerio; Daphnia magna; acute toxicity; adults; comet assay; effluents; embryo (animal); embryotoxicity; fish; genotoxicity; human health; oxidation; ozonation; risk; wastewater; wastewater treatment; China
- ... Coking wastewater contains many types of toxic and hazardous pollutants that have serious toxic effects on human beings as well as aquatic organisms. However, few studies have evaluated the detoxification efficiencies of the treatment processes that are extensively performed in operational coking wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs). This study investigates the detoxification efficiencies of a comb ...
- Quan, Xie, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2017 v.321 pp. 896-906
- anions; cathodes; chromium; dielectric spectroscopy; electrons; heavy metals; iron; microbial fuel cells; moieties; remediation; renewable energy sources; sustainable technology; toxicity; wastewater
- ... The role of Fe(III) was investigated as an electron-shuttle mediator to enhance the reduction rate of the toxic heavy metal hexavalent chromium (Cr(VI)) in wastewaters, using microbial fuel cells (MFCs). The direct reduction of chromate (CrO4⁻) and dichromate (Cr2O7²⁻) anions in MFCs was hampered by the electrical repulsion between the negatively charged cathode and Cr(VI) functional groups. In co ...