Jump to Main Content
- Kwon, Kiwook; Shim, Hojae; Bae, Wookeun; Oh, Juhyun; Bae, Jisu
- Journal of hazardous materials 2016 v.313 pp. 60-67
- biodegradation; biofilm; carbon tetrachloride; chemical oxygen demand; chlorides; hydrogen peroxide; methanol; oxidation; oxygen; polyethylene glycol; soil microorganisms; temperature; toluene; trichloroethylene; water quality
- ... Simultaneous biodegradation of carbon tetrachloride (CT) and trichloroethylene (TCE) in a biobarrier with polyethylene glycol (PEG) carriers was studied. Toluene/methanol and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) were used as electron donors and an electron acceptor source, respectively, in order to develop a biologically active zone. The average removal efficiencies for TCE and toluene were over 99.3%, leavin ...
- Shekoohiyan, Sakine; Moussavi, Gholamreza; Naddafi, Kazem
- Journal of hazardous materials 2016 v.313 pp. 170-178
- Pseudomonas; bacteria; biodegradation; biomass; bioreactors; catalytic activity; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrocarbons; hydrogen peroxide; peroxidase; petroleum; seawater; wastewater
- ... A bacterial peroxidase-mediated oxidizing process was developed for biodegrading total petroleum hydrocarbons (TPH) in a sequencing batch reactor (SBR). Almost complete biodegradation (>99%) of high TPH concentrations (4g/L) was attained in the bioreactor with a low amount (0.6mM) of H2O2 at a reaction time of 22h. A specific TPH biodegradation rate as high as 44.3mgTPH/gbiomass×h was obtained wit ...